Subject: Morphing
From: "Chris Purdie" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 1995 14:06:27 -0400

I am having a slight problem with creating morphing objects...

I created a logo that had a "ribbon" at the bottom of it. The ribbon curls 
and bends at the ends, so to get the texture map to go on it properly I 
decided to have a flat strip morph in to the curly one. Now, when I 
created the flat strip in modeller I saved it as the initial object. No 
problems there... but I made a copy of the object, and started bending and 
twisting it etc. Now, I occasionally made copies of the new ribbon in case 
I made a mistage, and I checked it after the first few bends to make sure 
it was fine when it was morphed in Layout. After a bit more, I made a 
mistake so I went back to one of the copies I ahve made (in another 
layer), but when I loaded this object in layout it would not morph with 
the original object. No matter what I would do it would not morph. But if 
I kept owrking with the originall it would morph fine.

Now my question is, is there a way around this. I would like to be able to 
have a copy of the morph object available, but they never mprph properly. 
Working on the original was fine, as long as I didn't make a mistake 
becasue I would have to start over. I am about to start an object that is 
a little more complex to morph and don't want to have to only work from 
original without stopping. Is there anything I can do or am I missing 
something?

Thanks for the help!
--
"Chris Purdie" <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]